This College was established on 2002 and is one of the growing educational institutions in the state. The college was formed with the objective of imparting quality education in the field of medical sciences. It is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS). The course is offered with the approval of Medical Council of India. The institute offers UG and PG courses in the field of medicine and surgery. The medical college operates under the guidance of Shri B.V.V Sangha formed in 1906 with the vision of imparting academic excellence in numerous fields.
The Hospital and the Medical College were shifted to the new campus in 2004; this campus is spread over a spacious area of 114 acres of land situated between the new (Navanagar) and the old city of Bagalkot on a hillock.